- On what days does Ferncroft CC host outings?
- What time do outings typically tee off?
- How much does it cost per player and what is included?
- What is the minimum number of players necessary to book an outing? How many players are needed to guarantee a shotgun start?
- Do I need to be a Ferncroft CC member to host an event at Ferncroft CC?
- What is the process to reserve a golf outing date?
- This is our first attempt at running a golf outing. Is there someone at Ferncroft CC who can guide us through the process?
- What standard items and services are offered to golf outings?
- What options are available for novice golfers?
- Who provides food for my event?
- What food and beverage services are available during our outing’s golf round?
- Can Ferncroft CC help publicize my event?
- Is it possible to reserve the golf course and other facilities for the entire day on an exclusive basis?
- If we have a small group do we have to pay for the entire golf course?
- What is the highest number of golfers I can have at one time?
- Does the Club offer rental clubs?
- May outing participants purchase merchandise in the pro shop?
- Can Ferncroft CC help me identify prizes and giveaway items for participants?
- Where can I hang banners acknowledging my major sponsors?
- What audiovisual equipment does Ferncroft CC provide?
- Can I sign a multi-year contract?
- What happens if I sign a contract, but then need to cancel or reschedule my event?
On what days does Ferncroft CC host outings?
Outings are available Mondays and on Tuesdays following a Monday holiday.
What time do outings typically tee off?
Typically a morning shotgun tees off at 7:30 AM, and an afternoon tee off is at 1:30 PM. In April and October only one start time is offered and planned in accordance with client needs and to avoid frost delays. A common starting time in those two months is 11:00 AM.
How much does it cost per player and what is included?
Rates vary by date and time of day. Please contact Phil Leiss at (978) 739-4040 x228 or email@example.com for available dates, rates, and options.
What is the minimum number of players necessary to book an outing? How many players are needed to guarantee a shotgun start?
Player minimums vary by date and time of day; however, Ferncroft CC welcomes small groups as well as large. Our outing coordinator can advise you in more detail.
Do I need to be a Ferncroft CC member to host an event at Ferncroft CC?
Though many of our corporate and charitable golf outings are sponsored by Club members, the event host is by no means required to either be a member or even to be sponsored by a member. We are delighted to support community non-profits, and we welcome corporations, associations and other groups to demonstrate the capital investment and service enhancements we are implementing at Ferncroft CC, and as means of subsidizing member dues with incremental revenue.
What is the process to reserve a golf outing date?
The important first step is to communicate with Head Golf Professional Phil Leiss at 978-739-4040 x228 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your event goals and to determine whether we have a suitable date for you. After that we will agree on services to be provided and finalize a price before sending a contractual agreement for your review and requesting a nominal deposit.
This is our first attempt at running a golf outing. Is there someone at Ferncroft CC who can guide us through the process?Our professional staff is available to guide you in the planning and execution of a successful golf outing.
What standard items and services are offered to golf outings?
All golf outings packages include:
- linen-covered registration tables and chairs
- customized scorecards and rules sheets with your logo
- fully-staffed bag drop
- use of range and practice area
- on-course contests and markers
- player assistants to help with pace of play
- use of microphone and speaker
- professional tournament scoring and results
- usage of locker and shower facilities
- use of our function facilities for all meals
- a customized menu to suit your particular needs
- use of the on-course refreshment stand and beverage carts
- the availability of our fully-stocked pro shop to shop for prizes
What options are available for novice golfers?
Our par three course may be used and our professionals can arrange clinics and other programs to accommodate infrequent golfers. We are always happy to customize a program specific to the needs of any group.
Who provides food for my event?
We have a professional culinary staff employed on-site to provide all your food and beverage related needs. We offer an outing menu with an array of breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices.
Ferncroft CC offers a Halfway House between the 1st and 10th Tees as well as two fully stocked beverage carts. These complement our full service restaurant and event catering service. Many groups desire on-course beverage stations, and we can also customize on-course food stations at your request.
Can Ferncroft CC help publicize my event?
You have the option of being included on our website in the upcoming events section. This will link visitors to our website to your designated contact person for more information. There is no additional cost for this service, and we will only include your event with your permission.
Is it possible to reserve the golf course and other facilities for the entire day on an exclusive basis?
If the golf course has not been reserved by another group it is possible for your group to have exclusive use for the golf course for the day. Additional fees may apply if you also wish to reserve facilities such as the par three-executive course, pool, or tennis courts and availability is naturally more restricted for some of these amenities.
If we have a small group do we have to pay for the entire golf course?
Small groups are welcome at Ferncroft CC, and we often will pair more than one small group at the same time so your group’s per player cost is reasonable. Once you enter an agreement with Ferncroft CC, you do not bear any risk that your price will change if we fail to pair your group. If we do pair your group, you will register, eat and golf with your own group and the other group will be entitled to the same camaraderie. We are well practiced in serving more than one small group simultaneously so both receive excellent service and are not co-mingled.
What is the highest number of golfers I can have at one time?
A shotgun start means that all participants begin their golf round at the same time on different holes. If you opt for the maximum number of participants you can start 144 players at the same time. This participation boost needs to be balanced against the impact it can have in slowing play. Some groups choose to maximize participation, while others cap their number of players at 100 players. This decision is up to you based on your goals, and our professional staff is delighted to help you in making these decisions.
Does the Club offer rental clubs?
We have Titleist and Cobra clubs available for daily rental for $40. These include clubs for men and women, and both left and right-handed golfers.
May outing participants purchase merchandise in the pro shop?
Guests are welcome to purchase items in the pro shop with a credit card. Cash is not accepted.
Can Ferncroft CC help me identify prizes and giveaway items for participants?
We firmly believe that prizes and giveaway items help establish the tone for your event, and we see time and time again that participants appreciate an event that makes the extra effort to thank their participants. Our professional staff would be delighted to suggest items that would fit your needs. We have a fully stocked professional shop, and we can also order special items for you as well with enough advance notice. We can also help you offer items with the logo of your event and/or sponsors.
Where can I hang banners acknowledging my major sponsors?
Ferncroft CC wants your event to be successful and to do so requires that your major supporters feel appropriately acknowledged. We have created a pair of five foot tall wooden posts near the most common registration area that will accommodate a sponsorship banner as large as fifteen feet in length. Within reason we also allow on-course signage, small promotional tents and vehicles for contests. The details should be arranged with our professional staff.
What audiovisual equipment does Ferncroft CC provide?
We have a microphone and speaker available for use as well as digital TVs to show DVDs. If outsourcing for additional equipment is necessary, there is an additional fee.
Can I sign a multi-year contract?
You are welcome to negotiate a multi-year agreement to secure your outing’s future, but you are by no means required to do so.
What happens if I sign a contract, but then need to cancel or reschedule my event?
Under reasonable circumstances it is possible to cancel or reschedule your event. The details regarding what payments would be waived are listed in our golf outing contract agreement. Obviously we appreciate a high degree of communication in such situations and encourage as much notice as is possible.
If you have additional questions, please email us or contact Phil Leiss at (978) 739-4040 x228.