Ferncroft CC is always in search of the highest quality people to fill key positions. Even when no positions are posted as available, applicants should submit the application below to be considered promptly when a vacancy occurs. Please print and fill out the Ferncroft Employment Application.You may submit this application any of three ways:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax to (978) 739-4167, attn: Human Resources
- By mail to Ferncroft CC, 10 Village Road, Middleton, MA 01949, attn: Human Resouces
All applications will be considered confidential. Ferncroft CC and Affinity Management reserve the right to maintain applications on file unless applicant specifies otherwise. Both are equal opportunity employers.
Current openings (no calls, please see instructions above):
- Sous Chef
Ferncroft is currently seeking a Sous Chef with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a passion for cooking. The Sous Chef must have 5+ years’ experience in sautéing and grilling, along with 3 years’ general management in a fast paced fine dining environment.
Main duties will be to supervise and assist in the food production and plate up of lunch and dinner for an a la carte cooking line. Other duties will include assisting in the production and plate up of events for our wedding, events and outing facilities, in addition to staff scheduling, food inventory and ordering, and menu costing and writing.
Safe-serve certification desirable. Year-round salaried position.
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
Ferncroft Country Club blends a rich heritage of golfing excellence with preeminent service at a family-friendly, first-class private club. As a Robert Trent Jones, Sr. designed championship course, Ferncroft has a storied history, most notably in hosting the LPGA Bank Boston Five Classic from 1980-90. A good test for even the most accomplished golfers, its charm and integrity place it among Massachusetts' finest courses. The yardage from the back tees is 6632 and par is 72 for men and 73 for ladies. A comprehensive practice facility also features a 40,000 square foot grass hitting surface, two practice short game greens, and an executive Par 3 course. A new clubhouse expansion in 2016 added brand new state of the art locker rooms as well as a major function ballroom and roof deck bar area.
The First Assistant Golf Professional will be actively engaged in all facets of running a first-class golf operation. The club’s busy calendar requires an individual that is highly organized and detail oriented. A large value is placed on an individual’s character traits. The First Assistant Golf Professional will be charged with maintaining a consistently upbeat and friendly environment throughout the golf operation. The golf staff typically includes 2-3 full time assistant golf professionals, a full time golf shop manager, a part time assistant golf professional, as well as part time front desk associates.
- Manage all aspects of the golf operation in the absence of the Head Golf Professional
- Spread hospitality and goodwill among all members, guests, and club staff
- Management of the golf services staff in daily operations, staff scheduling, training, payroll, etc..
- Ensure member service is provided at the highest quality by all golf staff
- Teach individual lessons and clinics
- Attend Men's Golf Association and/or Women's Golf Association meetings representing the golf staff on a regular basis
- Assist in the management of the Junior Golf Program, Academy Golf Program, and Junior Golf
- Scholarship program
- Play with a broad cross-section of the club's membership
- Manage first tee & golf course pace of play issues
- Manage tee sheet templates, online booking policies, and tracking of rounds
- Coordinate member tournament operations
- Manage the golf operation schedule for golf services
- Assist in the management of the golf operations budget
- Manage/execute non-member outings
- Produce and send golf-oriented member communications
- Assist in the management of the Golf Shop merchandising
- Effectively communicate with all departments/staff to ensure seamless experience for members and their guests
- Heath Benefits Availible
- Equipment and Clothing Allowance
- Tournamment Expenses
- PGA Dues Expenses